streaming guru needed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 10 00:53:42 UTC 2007

>This is not right.  The OP seem to have misunderstood rtsp.
>It has been a while but from what I remember rtsp does not
>have acks as it was designed to work the same way over udp
>and tcp and A/V can tolerate loss of a few packets so no
>sense in having acks.

No, you're the one who's misunderstanding.  RTSP is the 'control
protocol'.  It always runs over TCP.

The actual audio/video streaming is done using RTP, which is usually
sent over UDP, but can, optionally, be sent instead over TCP (using
the same TCP connection that RTSP uses).
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.