The MythTV port: mythfilldatabase fails

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu Mar 22 06:10:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:13:06 -0400
Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:

> I've noticed that my MySQL consumes a lot more CPU with this option
> enabled, although my Mythbackend is running as root so I'm not sure if
> this is the same problem.
>
> Is a file in /root/.mythtv necessary for this option to work properly?

No. I forgot to say: my mythbackend *is* running as root, it starts
mythfilldatabase as root, and the grabber tries to open
$HOME/.mythtv/<input>.xmltv
That is the real reason why this problem exists. My solution points the
grabber to it config file, without messing with $HOME or other tricks.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen