Remote control problems (was: Problems with PVR 250 and MythTV)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 5 03:48:52 UTC 2007

On Tuesday, 27 February 2007 at 21:59:16 -0500, Joe Auty wrote:

> My only remaining problem is that my remote doesn't work. Have you
> guys gotten yours to? I can't rule out it shipping DOA or with dead
> batteries though, as I'm not even getting lights on the tip of the
> remote when I press anything, like I probably should.

Currently the lirc port supports very few remote controls, not
including *any* USB-connected remote controls.  I now have it working
for my DVICO remote control, and will shortly commit the patches, but
that probably won't help you.

For all of you out there: it's relatively little work to add support
for your remote control, but you're going to have to test it yourself.
Please do so, and send your patches to Daniel O'Connor (copied), who's
the port maintainer.  If you have any questions, please discuss them
here.  I'm trying to persuade Daniel to join the mailing list.

Greg