Envy24 under FreeBSD

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Mar 1 17:36:14 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 28. February 2007 23:22, Konstantin Dimitrov wrote:
> tell me, which envy24-based card you have or planning to buy and i
> will give you info is it supported and how hard or easy will be to add
> support for that card.

Not meaning to hijack the conversation, but I have (and have had for years
now) a Terratec DMX 6fire card which I would definitely like to finally see
supported natively (I even bought an OSS license for it once, but since I
happen to maintain some sound related ports, running a third party commercial
driver really didn't work out too well for me - had to switch back to onboard
sound for testing every so often).

http://productsen.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=4

none2 at pci0:12:0:        class=0x040100 card=0x1138153b chip=0x17121412
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'VIA Technologies Inc (Was: IC Ensemble Inc)'
    device   = 'ICE1712 Envy24 Multichannel Audio Controller'
    class    = multimedia
    subclass = audio

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org