Cxm and dma...

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 1 01:59:05 UTC 2007

On Wednesday, 28 February 2007 at 23:14:07 +0100, Jan Branbergen wrote:
> Anders, Matt,
>
> On 2/28/07, Matt Stegmeir <steg0044 at aem.umn.edu> wrote:
>> Changing the decoder used by mythTV to ffmpeg instead of whatever the
>> default was helped for me.  CPU usage was still higher than expected,
>> but at least things worked smoothly.
>>
>> usleep: what are reasonable values for CXM_SG_BUFFERS?
>
> check the  cxm.h in the pvr250 port.
>
> i would just start doubling the value until the problem disappears.

On the pvr250 port, I cranked it up to 10 times the number, which got
rid of those problems in the application I was working on (a video
camera recording system).  Unfortunately, it also added an
unacceptable delay in "live video" display.  When I have more pressing
matters fixed, I'll look at this too.

Greg