RELENG_6 + usb audio ?

Thu Jun 28 11:03:28 UTC 2007

Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> (from Thu, 28 Jun 2007
12:44:28 +0200):

> On Thursday 28 June 2007 11:40, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Quoting Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> (from Wed, 27 Jun 2007
>>
>> 18:23:08 +0200):
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > USB Audio works fine with my new USB stack, also called HPS USB stack.
>> > There are some problems with the official USB stack regarding isochronous
>> > transfers.
>>
>> Can you please be more specific?
>
> Yes, last time I checked, the start position where the isochronous transfers
> are inserted, was not updated properly when there was data underrun.

Is this a problem in uaudio or in the USB code? If it is the former,
can you please point out the code in question in a way that someone
without knowledge of the USB system is able to fix this? If it is the
later, would you please tell Warner about it in a way that he can
investigate this (I'm sure you can tell if the fix is a
nearly-one-liner and where it needs to be done). We are approaching
the release of 7.0 and it would be nice if easy to fix bugs which are
known are fixed until then.

> Secondly, full-duplex was not working with OHCI hardware, right?

AFAIK: yes. This may or may not an issue in this case.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Behind every great man, there is a woman -- urging him on.
		-- Harry Mudd, "I, Mudd", stardate 4513.3