multimedia/vlc(-devel) upstream install instruction

Jona Joachim jaj at hcl-club.lu
Sat Jun 23 15:34:53 UTC 2007

Hi!
I just happened to read the install instructions for the VLC Media
Player on http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-freebsd.html

I don't think that these directions are up to date.
First of all it should be recommended to use the OPTIONS framework
instead of specifying parameters on the command line and the
FORCE_PKG_REGISTER=yes parameter is not needed and can break things.

As this mailing list is listed as maintainer for the vlc ports I thought
you could perhaps contact the VideoLAN people and discuss these install
instructions.

(Please CC me in replies as I'm not subscribed)

Best regars,
Jona