sound too quiet

Steven Lumos steven at lumos.us
Sun Jun 17 00:05:04 UTC 2007

Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 01:37:35 -0700
> Steven Lumos <steven at lumos.us> wrote:
>> Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> writes:

>> > Try "phout" as well.
>> >
>> > How about this patch:
>> >
>> >   http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/ac97.diff
>>
>> Neither of these has any effect.
>>

> How about this:
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/ich_r6.c

Sorry for taking forever to respond.  I started hacking away myself,
then got sidetracked, then came back and decided to install Windows so
I could test the nVidia drivers, then had an sudden inspiration about
possible search terms, and that's when I finally hit on this:

   I managed to solve the problem with a little help from this forum,
   turned out the cable between the front panel and rear which
   includes USB and Firewire cables had come lose at some stage -
   reconnected this and everything was fine again. Thanks. Razz

   http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/sound-problem-with-sn41g2-vt46229.html

Sheesh.  Pilot error I guess.  Never occurred to me that a loose cable
could cause that behavior.  Hopefully *this* message will be easier to
find for the next schmoe.

Steve

(shuttle sn41g2 ac97 nforce2 too quiet low volume :-))