Problem recording, using <SiS 7012>

Ricardo Campos Passanezi riccp at ige.unicamp.br
Tue Jun 12 18:41:17 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 01:02:22AM +0900, Watanabe Kazuhiro wrote:
> > > Hmmm... Can you record a sound with the PCM device from analog inputs
> > > other than the microphone input (line, cd, etc.)?

> For example, if you want to record a sound from an audio CD analog
> output, try the following commands.  In this procedure we choose
> ports/audio/wavplay as a recording and playback software.
>
> $ mixer =rec cd			# Select CD as an input source.
> $ cdcontrol play		# Start playback of the audio CD.
> $ wavrec -S -s 44100 -b 16 -t 10 test.wav
> 				# Record a sound (from the CD drive).
> 				# Duration: 10 secs.
> $ cdcontrol stop		# Stop the CD.
> $ wavplay test.wav		# Play the test WAV file.
>
> Of course you have already to connect the analog audio cable from the
> CD/DVD drive to the audio CD input pinhead.

With:

# mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  80:80
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer rec      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer igain    is currently set to 100:100
Mixer ogain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Recording source: cd

It worked fine...

--
Ricardo Campos Passanezi -  Administrador de Rede
Chave PGP e GPG Pública em: http://www.ige.unicamp.br/~riccp