snd_emu10k1 mixer

Thu Jul 26 13:26:49 UTC 2007

Quoting William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com> (from Thu, 26 Jul
2007 09:08:02 -0300):

> On 7/26/07, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net> wrote:
>>
>> Quoting William Grzybowski <william88 at gmail.com> (from Wed, 25 Jul
>> 2007 20:32:31 -0300):
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I upgraded my desktop computer from 6.2-stable to 7.0-current yesterday.
>>> I'm experiencing a little problema with the sound driver snd_emu10k1, it
>>> loads and plays fine, but i can't control the volume/pcm/line/mic using
>>> aumix/xmixer or any other program to control the hardware mixer.
>>
>> Try emu10kx instead of emu10k1.
>

> Hi,
>
> I tried to load the snd_emu10kx but i got kernel trap message when i try to
> execute 'sysctl' and the system goes down

Please post this panic message to multimedia at freebsd.org. It would
also be good if you compile with debug options and generate a
backtrace (the handbook contains a chapter about kernel debugging). We
don't need all the numbers from the backtrace, as a start it would be
enough to just know about the function names which are printed.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
You may be gone tomorrow, but that
doesn't mean that you weren't here today.