MythTV and amd64

Dicky Illing dicky_illing at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:57:49 UTC 2007

>On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:10:49 +0000
>Dicky Illing <dicky_illing at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have passed a couple of the stumbling blocks on the way to
> > compiling the present mythtv-20-fixes svn checkout by
>
>Just to be sure: you are not using the mythtv port? (I can't remember
>if it is 0.20-fixes orsomething else rught now.)

To be sure, I'm not using the port; it's marked Broken, and i386 only to
boot! (also, when I tried making it, having cleared out the flags, the
compile eventually failed also, giving me the sort of errors I would expect
from the assembler being told to put together the wrong sort of code.
("(%rdx,%eax)' is not a valid 64 bit base/index expression")

>Have a look at the myth port (/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv) and the
>patch for httprequest.cpp (files/patch-httprequest.cpp).
>Perhaps it will help.

Looking over the port, I've grabbed a couple of the patches
(httprequest.cpp, videoout_xv.cpp) and applied them (and the one for
yuv2rbg.cpp that it requires from the obsd.patch I found trawling past posts
on the list) on a fresh svn checkout, and it now compiles  (I'm very
impressed) almost to the end of compiling mythfrontend! It's now failing at

cd mythfrontend && qmake mythfrontend.pro -o Makefile
WARNING: Failure to find: version.cpp
cd mythfrontend && make -f Makefile
echo 'const char *myth_source_version =' '"'`(svnversion
/home/builds/myth/mythtv 2>/dev/null) || echo Unknown`'";' > .vers.new ;
diff .vers.new version.cpp > .vers.diff 2>&1 ; if test -s .vers.diff ; then
mv -f .vers.new version.cpp ; fi ; rm -f .vers.new .vers.diff
*** Error code 2

while it's still in the mythfrontend directory. I went back into the
directory, made clean, went back and applied the patch I found in the port's
files directory, and went back to the make process, however this didn't get
the process any further.

Thank you for your help so far!

Many regards

Dicky