New Mixer Interface

Sat Jul 21 17:16:15 UTC 2007

Quoting "Christopher Davis" <loafier at FreeBSD.org> (Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:45:43 -0700):

> I'm trying to find out more about the new FreeBSD mixer
> driver interface. I see examples of the current interface in
> the Architecture Handbook and the current sound driver
> sources; I don't know how the new interface differs from
> that.

There's only the framework at the moment. AFAIK no driver in -current
uses it ATM.

> Perhaps there're are some source code files, documentation,
> etc, I can look through to learn more?

Have a look at the Open Sound System documentation for the userland
part of using it. For the rest you can have a look at the doxygen
documentation included in the corresponding files in our src tree.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Th' MIND is the Pizza Palace of th' SOUL