Intel ICH7 High Definition Audio - supported?

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Jan 25 07:54:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 07:48:15AM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Victor Loureiro Lima <victorloureirolima at gmail.com> (from Wed,
> 24 Jan 2007 11:09:13 -0200):
>
> > 2007/1/24, Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at leidinger.net>:
> >> Quoting Victor Loureiro Lima <victorloureirolima at gmail.com> (from Tue,
> >> 23 Jan 2007 13:24:35 -0300):
> >>
> >> It is supported in FreeBSD-current, but not in FreeBSD-stable.
> >
> > Any change of it being incorporated into STABLE!?
>
> There are API changes in the sound system (e.g. different syscall
> MIBs). So it is unlikely that there will be a straight MFC. And so far
> nobody tried to do a partial MFC without the API changes (not time,
> ...).

i never understood this. Ariff has made the binary module mentioned
available and i have used it with good success with all the
standard apps. what is the problem, fear of incompatibility
or really unresolved issues ?

now that we are just past a release it would be a good time
to attempt an MFC and deal with issues that may arise.
the more we wait, the harder it becomes.

> >> It's snd_hda. Feel free to pick up binary-only drivers for -stable at
> >> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~ariff/lowlatency/

	cheers
	luigi