snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht(4) MFC

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 02:31:11 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 07:06:26PM +0100, Christian Brueffer wrote:
 > Hey guys,
 >
 > are there any plans to MFC the snd_envy24(4) and snd_envy24ht drivers?
 > Just read a question from someone who is looking for these in STABLE.

I have no objections on MFCing envy24(4)/envy24ht(4).
But before MFCing the driver to STABLE it would be even better to
clean up the driver first. For instance, apart from several style(9)
nits, it still has a couple of vtophys(9) calls which should be
converted to use bus_dma(9) and lots of debugging code which were
disabled with '#ifdef 0'. Personally, I think these debugging
code/output should be controlled in runtime with sysctls or
bootverbose option.
I should have made envy24ht(4) work on ONKYO SE-150PCI, but other
activities for FreeBSD network drivers and paid work prevent me
from fixing the code.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon