snd_hda, sound in both speaker and headphones

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 16 12:29:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 12:32:09 +0100
Ingeborg Hellemo <Ingeborg.Hellemo at cc.uit.no> wrote:
> I see that others have experienced the same symptoms, but I have not
> found any  solution.
>
> After applying the
> snd_RELENG_6_20070113_140_lowlatency.diff.gz-patch to a  freshly
> upgraded 6.2-RELEASE I have sound in both PC speaker and headphones
> -  at the same time. The speaker does not mute when I plug in the
> headphone jack.
>
> What can I do to disable the speaker (manually if I have to)?
>

> Here is all the debugging information I can think of
>
> HW: HP xw4300 Workstation

[...]

Grab this:

  http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/hdac.c

If that doesn't work, set debug.bootverbose=1 , plug your headphone in
and out repetitively and pay attention on any "Pin sense" kernel/log
messages.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........