libraw1394 interest?

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 6 09:53:00 PST 2007

On 1/6/07, M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm wondering if there's interest in getting libraw1394 ported to
> FreeBSD?  Seems like it would be useful for anybody that wants to do
> video capture that's more sophisticated than can be had from
> fwcontrol as there are a number of linux applications that do video
> capture that use this.
>
> Has anybody looked into how easy/hard this would be?

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-firewire/2006-October/000507.html

I don't have a 1394 source, but I'm porting LiVES and it
can work with it, so I'm indirectly/potentially interested.
I can't be of any help at all right now, though.