kern/107516: emu10k1 - skips, clicks and lag after a day of heavy usage

Fri Jan 5 04:01:10 PST 2007

Quoting Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org> (from Fri, 5
Jan 2007 09:34:18 -0200):

> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 09:23:43 +0100
> Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
>
>> >  Repeatable both with emu10k1 and emu10kx (from ports) drivers, using
>> > "play" command (audio/sox), and either with the 4 KB buffer or larger.
>>
>> Please download the appropriate stuff from
>> http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/lowlatency/ and try if to reproduce
>> the problem. Please report back how it works.
>
> I've just installed it, and got *much* better results now.

Thanks, you just tested the code from -current on your 6.x. I don't
know if/when this will hit 6.x. Don't expect it to be in 6.2.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Before I knew the best part of my life had come, it had gone.