PVR-150's infrared port...

Paul Chvostek paul+fbsd at it.ca
Tue Jan 2 22:21:03 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 03:32:03PM +1100, Norberto Meijome wrote:

> Well, the IR connects to the card via a mini-jack (small connector like the one
> used by headphones, maybe a bit smaller) - does yours  have  it?

I *think* I have all the right model numbers here....

PVR-150 (model 01045):
* http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr150.html
* http://www.hauppauge.com/images/pvr150-250_ep_bg.jpg is the back,
  with an IR input at the bottom.  Audio-in is a 1/8 inch jack.

PVR-150-MCE (model 01042):
* http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr150mce.html
* http://www.hauppauge.com/images/pvr150-250mce_ep_bg.jpg is the back,
  with no IR input.  It includes FM in, and audio-in consists of stereo
  RCA jacks.

PVR-150-LP (model 01086, low-profile):
* http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr150mcelp.html
* http://www.hauppauge.com/images/pvr150lp_ep_bg.jpg is the back,
  with no IR input.

The above model numbers are all the NTSC versions of the card.

So.  If you have no FM input and a smaller jack below the 1/8 stereo-in,
you have a traditional PVR-150.  You'll need the appropriate sensor.

Or you can just build a serial-port IR interface using the instructions
at lirc.org.  Or buy a USB one on eBay for $30.

Hope this helps.

--
  Paul Chvostek                                             <paul at it.ca>
  Operations / Abuse / Whatever