Intel High Definition Audio + Skype - echoing

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Feb 28 14:14:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 09:31:51PM +0800, Dinesh Nair wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:33:35 +0200, Stefan Lambrev
> <stefan.lambrev at sun-fish.com> wrote:
>

> > Norberto Meijome wrote:
> >
> > -cut-
> > > The settings I'm using are :
> > >  - all the default sysctl settings
> > >  - $ mixer
> > > Mixer vol      is currently set to  61:61
> > > Mixer pcm      is currently set to  89:89
> > > Mixer speaker  is currently set to  49:49
> > > Mixer mic      is currently set to  89:89
> > > Mixer cd       is currently set to  40:40
> > > Mixer rec      is currently set to  66:66
> > > Recording source: mic
> > >
> > Echo is caused because your "mixer mic" != 0
> > If you want to talk on skype without echo set: mixer mic 0
>
> what does mixer mic do anyways ?

it is the mic gain on the path to the output mixer (the one
driving the analog output).

'rec' (and 'igain' where present) are the gains on the input
mixer (often, 'igain' controls the 20dB boost on the mic input,
while 'rec' is the overall gain at the input mixer (the one
driving the A/D converter).

cheers
luigi