pvr250 and MythTV

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Tue Feb 27 19:34:21 UTC 2007

On Feb 27, 2007, at 11:58 AM, usleepless at gmail.com wrote:

> Joe,
>
> On 2/27/07, Joe Auty <joe at netmusician.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 27, 2007, at 11:51 AM, usleepless at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > Joe,

>> not be a
>> driver

>> > the mythbackendlog suggest that you have not defined ( mythtv-
>> setup,
>> > 3. ). after you have done that, connect this source to your card
>> under
>> > 4.
>> >

>> I don't understand... I'm having this same problem with cat /dev/cxm0
>>  > test.mpg even without the mythbackend running at all. This is why
>> I thought there was a more fundamental problem with the driver.
>>
>> As it stands, Myth is not seeing any options in the Input Connections
>> screen (option 4) even though it is able to see my capture card.
>
> the cat command probably fails because you haven't tuned to a
> channel yet.
>
> but i give up if you don't read what i write.

Okay, I apologize for the miscommunication here.

I think what is supposed to happen is that, like you said, within
video sources I would normally select "retrieve listings" and would
get my lineups, and then would be able to select between cable,
antenna, and some other stuff... I haven't yet seen this screen, as
clicking on retrieve listings just gives me a temporary progress bar
and does not change a thing. Looking at the DataDirect forums, there
has been an issue with their servers recently, so maybe this is a
DataDirect issue.

If somebody reading this could kindly confirm this and let me know
what you get when you click on the "retrieve listings" button without
a brand new video source, this would be extremely helpful. I have
created my Zap2It account at the http://labs.zap2it.com page.

EDIT: their site is now inaccessible, so perhaps this is the cause of
my problems after all!

Once I can download my Zap2It data, I'm assuming that I'll then be
able to setup my Input Connections...

Again, sorry for this miscommunication, clearly I'm simply not seeing
what I"m supposed to. Hopefully this is the last you'll hear from me =)

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org