Soundsystem: testers wanted (FreeBSD-current only)
CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp
Sat Feb 24 12:37:44 UTC 2007
At Mon, 5 Feb 2007 19:53:25 +0100,
Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> at http://www.Leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches I have a patch
> (sound.diff) for the soundsystem to make it a little bit more
> non-i386/amd64 friendly. In /usr/src you have to run "patch -C --quiet
> </path/to/sound.diff" and if no error shows up the same again without
> the "-C". Then you have to rebuild your kernel/modules (depending on
> how you use the soundsystem).
> What I need are reports for a lot of _different_ drivers (in case you
> don't know which driver is used: if you load it as a module the driver
> name is behind the string "kld" in /dev/sndstat) on i386 or amd64
> hardware if it still works or not. So if you see a report for the
> driver you are using here, you don't need to test it too.
I've tested the following soundchips and drivers:
* Crystal CX4235 (snd_mss, FreeBSD/i386)
* Creative Soundblaster Vibra16S (CT2800, snd_sb16, FreeBSD/i386)
* AvanceLogic ALS4000a (snd_als4000, FreeBSD/i386)
* ESS ES1869 (snd_ess, FreeBSD/i386)
* Crystal CS4231A (snd_mss, FreeBSD/pc98)
* Creative Soundblaster16 for PC-9800 (CT2720, snd_sb16, FreeBSD/pc98)
and SiS 7012 + YAMAHA YMF753 (snd_ich, FreeBSD/i386).
There is no difference in the behavior.
Watanabe Kazuhiro (CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp)
More information about the freebsd-multimedia