speex upgrade to 1.1.12 ?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 22 20:20:43 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:01:26 -0600, Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 01:56:09PM -0600, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

>> often
>>
>> FYI: The result is libspeex.so.1 now instead of libspeex.so.[3|5].
>
> Just curious - now the library number (used to be 3) goes back to 1,
> so is there anything that expect version number not to go back ?

I am a bit confuse with your question, so I am not sure if I answer
correct to your question. It is expected to go back to 1, because it is a
correct number. The speex in Linux has .so.1 too. There is a bug in
libtool. The shared library should not be bump if it does not break the
ABI. I saved IRC log that explain more about it.

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/libtool.txt

BTW: decadix (IRC alias) = jylefort (FreeBSD alias)

Cheers,
Mezz

> 	cheers
> 	luigi

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org