ports multimedia/dvdstyler

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Feb 21 23:45:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 15:25:52 -0600, Michael Johnson <ahze at ahze.net> wrote:

> On 2/21/07, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 02:21:50 -0600, Daeron <daeron at optushome.com.au>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > When will dvdstyler be updated so that it stop trying to install the
>> old
>> > version of gstream - courtesy of wxgtk2-2.6.x ??
>>
>> The update of dvdstyler won't make any difference, which it will be
>> still
>> depend on wxgtk2. The wxgtk2 depends on old gstreamer, so complain it to
>> wxgtk2 and not on dvdstyler. Also, its website said that the update of
>> dvdstyler needs wxSVG 1.0b7 but we still have 1.0b6. Hey, ahze, are you
>> going to update wxSVG to lastest?
>

> Yeah, I'll grab it today.

Cool, thanks!

> gstreamer 0.8 should be dropped from wxgtk2 IMHO, all other major distros
> have
> dropped it from wxgtk2, it isn't supported by many (if any?)
> applications.

Yep, I agree because of all gstreamer 0.8 ports will be removing in
2007-05-31. The wxgtk2 port can either wait until May or disable/remove
gstreamer 0.8 now, so you (Daeron) should bug to the wxgtk2 maintainer.

Cheers,
Mezz

> http://www.dvdstyler.de/ (see "Note:")
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org