snd_hda: no input

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 18 17:00:35 UTC 2007

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:46:54 +0300
Pavel Argentov <argentoff at rtelekom.ru> wrote:

> I've just found that on my hda (pcm0: <HDA Codec: Realtek ALC883>)
> input  channels don't work: I can't record anything. I'll post my
> verbose dmesg in a  short while.

How about setting recording device to "vol", increase mic,rec, and cd
mixer to appropriate value and try to record stuffs from microhone
_or_ any audio which currently being played.

Fixing recording on many of these hardwares/codecs is kind of
difficult especially without the real hardware. Verbose dump might
help a bit.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........