"nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio" - Modules don't enable it.

Dan A. infernal211283.freebsd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 18:18:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

I posted a thread in bsdforums.org and was adviced to turn here for a patch
or a binary module.

The tread was this:

I run freebsd 6.2 on a laptop MSI M670, I'm currently fixing few things to
make it a "perfect" desktop.

My sound card, according to lspci is this:

00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev
a2)
Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. Unknown device 4314
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 22
Memory at f9fd8000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
Capabilities: [50] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
Capabilities: [6c] HyperTransport: MSI Mapping

According to Lavalys Everest 3.5 it's:

Realtek ALC883 @ nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51) - High Definition Audio
Controller

I checked here to see what driver should enable it:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.1R/hardware-i386.html#SOUND

and snd_ich seemed to be the one.

Anyways, after that didn't work out, I loaded the snd_driver.ko to see if it
works with any of the available drivers and that failed also.

Thank you.