ports/118458: [UPDATE] multimedia/handbrake

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Dec 6 13:44:03 PST 2007

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 00:50:04 -0600, Jona Joachim <jaj at hcl-club.lu> wrote:

> The following reply was made to PR ports/118458; it has been noted by
> GNATS.
>
> From: Jona Joachim <jaj at hcl-club.lu>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: ports/118458: [UPDATE] multimedia/handbrake
> Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 07:13:02 +0100
>
>  Sorry for the excessive indentation in MASTER_SITES and DISTFILES, it
>  did look fine in vim...

That's ok, I already have cleaned that in local. Thanks for update
HandBrake! I like what you have done with it.

I can't get your handbrake build. I keep get this build failure with and
without modify of mine. I put the '-dx' back in for jam that way I can see
the verbose of build.

cc -c -o libhb/dvd.o -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -g -O3 -funroll-loops
-I./contrib/include -DSYS_FREEBSD -DUSE_PTHREAD -DHB_VERSION=\"0.9.1\"
-DHB_BUILD=2007100800 -D__LIBHB__ -Ilibhb libhb/dvd.c

libhb/dvd.c:10:30: error: dvdread/ifo_read.h: No such file or directory
libhb/dvd.c:11:30: error: dvdread/nav_read.h: No such file or directory

It can't find libdvdread, so.. I wonder why libdvdread's headers aren't in
contrib/include/, so I went to check more in the log. It shows that
libdvdread configure failed.

checking dvdcss/dvdcss.h usability... yes
checking dvdcss/dvdcss.h presence... yes
checking for dvdcss/dvdcss.h... yes
checking for dvdcss_interface_2 in -ldvdcss... no
configure: error: You need libdvdcss.so.2 or later

In the contrib/libdvdread/config.log looks like:

configure:19289: checking for dvdcss_interface_2 in -ldvdcss
configure:19307: cc -o conftest -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -g
-I/usr/home/mezz/commit/handbrake/work/HandBrake/contrib/include
-L/usr/home/mezz/commit/handbrake/work/HandBrake/contrib/lib -ldvdcss
conftest.c  >&5
/var/tmp//ccJnz0pL.o(.text+0x13): In function `main':
/usr/home/mezz/commit/handbrake/work/HandBrake/contrib/libdvdread/conftest.c:29:
undefined reference to `dvdcss_interface_2'
configure:19313: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "libdvdread"
| #define VERSION "0.9.7"
| #define STDC_HEADERS 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRING_H 1
| #define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
| #define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
| #define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
| #define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
| #define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
| #define HAVE_DLFCN_H 1
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C" void exit (int);
| #endif
| #define HAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H 1
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <dvdcss/dvdcss.h>
| int
| main ()
| {
| if(!dvdcss_interface_2) { return 1; }
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:19334: result: no
configure:19336: error: You need libdvdcss.so.2 or later

The libdvdcss.so.2.8 exists:

# find work -name libdvdcss.so\*
work/HandBrake/contrib/lib/libdvdcss.so.2.8
work/HandBrake/contrib/libdvdcss/src/.libs/libdvdcss.so.2.8

I doubt that it got conflict with libdvd* installed in my system, because
of it has correct -I/-L paths. But I will add my info in here just in
case. I haven't dig in it deeper, so I don't know.

# pkg_info -IX libdvd
libdvdcss-1.2.9_2   Portable abstraction library for DVD decryption
libdvdnav-0.1.10_3  The library for the xine-dvdnav plugin
libdvdread-0.9.7_2  This is needed by ogle, which is a DVD player that
supports

Here is a patch and list of what I have changed:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/handbrake.diff

   - Move the 'apply' part from post-patch to post-extract.
   - Add post-patch to get this port respect the CC/CXX/CFLAGS/etc in each
     of ./configure in contrib/Jamfile.
   - Modified patch-contrib-Jamfile on ffmpeg part to get respect
     CC/PTHREAD_LIBS.
   - Re-add '-dx' for verbose build in jam, easier to debug when user report
     build failure.

I am not done with that, but it's far what I have right now. I am planning
to remove more stuff such as remove all of these -O3, -O4, -O20,
-funroll-loops and other flags as should be respect to our CFLAGS. Feel
free to take this job if you want to. Also, do you want to take the
maintainership? We are willing to give up the maintainership as we have no
interest in HandBrake and we will leaving it in dust again in future.

Cheers,
Mezz

>  Jona

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org