minor improvement to devel/liboil

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Aug 16 08:48:52 PDT 2007

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:54:02 -0500, Mikhail T. <mi at aldan.algebra.com>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> The attached patch:
>
> 	a) makes CFLAGS neater (no repetative -O*);

Committed, thanks!

> 	b) scales the build to the number of processors --
> 	   tested on my quad Opteron system.

Disapprove, because it causes more problems rather than solution. I had to
ask marcus for his opinion, because I don't really trust something like
this. The -jN is well known for cause problems on some systems and it
requires to do a lot of tests on different arch, 4BSD and ULE schedulers
on both -STABLE and -CURRENT on HTT, multi-core, and multi-CPU (physical
CPU) systems. marcus has a problem with graphics/jasper until he removed
this same line to solve his problem on his dual-core amd64 box.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Please, commit or allow me to. Thanks! Yours,
>
> 	-mi

FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia at FreeBSD.org