ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix ffmpeg support in VLC

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Aug 13 07:32:50 PDT 2007

Quoting Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net>:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 07:20:07 -0500, Thierry Thomas
> <thierry at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
>> The following reply was made to PR ports/115428; it has been noted by GNATS.
>>
>> From: Thierry Thomas <thierry at FreeBSD.org>
>> To: "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro at gmail.com>, FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
>> Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, edwin at FreeBSD.org, jonc at chen.org.nz
>> Subject: Re: ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix
>> ffmpeg support in VLC
>> Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:58:28 +0200
>>
>> On Sun 12 aug 07 at 12:30:42 +0200, Mars G. Miro <marsgmiro at gmail.com>
>>  wrote:
>> > Hi there,
>> Hello,
>>>  Does this fffmpeg fix fix the problem describe at
>> >
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-August/007268.html
>> > ? I'll see if I can test the patch w/in a couple of days, and report
>> > back.
>> Yes, this is exactly the same problem: if you try to watch a video
>> stream with VLC, and ffmpeg is not usable, you get a message like:
>> main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `xxx'.
>> VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
>> xxx being the requested module.

I'm assuming that either I have vlc configured incorrectly or the
change doesn't or can't cover the

  No suitable decoder module for format:

    VLC probably does not support the "samr" audio or video format.
    Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

error that I am seeing with vlc-devel.

This is using youtube's new 3gp site:

   vlc rtsp://rtsp.youtube.com/youtube/videos/BF0wGd2kn0k/video.3gp?w=yes

and after the ffmpeg upgrade.

Thanks,

ed