ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix ffmpeg support in VLC

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Sun Aug 12 12:20:07 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR ports/115428; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thierry Thomas <thierry at FreeBSD.org>
To: "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro at gmail.com>, FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, edwin at FreeBSD.org, jonc at chen.org.nz
Subject: Re: ports/115428: multimedia/ffmpeg & multimedia/vlc: fix ffmpeg support in VLC
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:58:28 +0200

 On Sun 12 aug 07 at 12:30:42 +0200, Mars G. Miro <marsgmiro at gmail.com>
  wrote:
 > Hi there,

 Hello,

 >  Does this fffmpeg fix fix the problem describe at
 > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2007-August/007268.html
 > ? I'll see if I can test the patch w/in a couple of days, and report
 > back.

 Yes, this is exactly the same problem: if you try to watch a video
 stream with VLC, and ffmpeg is not usable, you get a message like:

 main decoder error: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `xxx'.
 VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

 xxx being the requested module.

 Regards,
 --
 Th. Thomas.