cx2388x driver?

Mon Apr 23 12:17:38 UTC 2007

Quoting John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu> (from Mon, 23
Apr 2007 00:05:56 -0700):

> Hello,
>
> I just found out that the ATI HDTV Wonder card I have is based on the
> cx2388x chip.  I was wondering if someone has a driver or started work
> on a driver before I do?
>
> /me hopes to add a third HD capture card.

What about committing your current driver to the CVS? And we lack a
driver for satellite receiver cards... anyone with some ideas
regarding this?

> P.S. Besides MythTV, does anyone have a good backend to control TV
> recording?  I've hacked up a web based backend in Python that works

You could have a look at http://www.networkmultimedia.org/ and give it
a try on FreeBSD. I did see it in action ~4-5 years ago on Linux
systems when it was in the middle of the core development (there's
still development, but now it's about new features).

> decently well, but there are tons of bugs that I don't have much
> motivation to fix.  It's working fine w/ the two HD capture cards I
> currently have, but bugs like corrupting captures when streaming an
> older capture is a bit anoying.  Plus, I wouldn't mind having something
> smart enough to remux the programs for me either.

NMM does more than that. Multicast streaming, video walls, on-the-fly
(re)encoding to serve your PDA, ...

Bye,
Alexander.

--
We are each entitled to our own opinion, but no one is entitled to his
own facts.