HD media center stuff - tuner and optical drive info

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Thu Apr 19 22:30:55 UTC 2007

Jim Stapleton wrote this message on Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 15:49 -0400:
> (2) The Dvico fusion is what I hear as the only good FreeBSD option
> for an HD Tuner:
> http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/fusion5.asp
>
> Is there any place to get it for a more reasonable price, or is that
> what I'm stuck with? Are there an cheaper alternatives? Finally,
> where's the documentation for setting one of these up?

If you're talkign about the driver that I've written, it's for the
DViCO FusionHDTV5 Lite, not the Gold version:
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/fusion5lt.asp

The Lite card is usually cheaper.  Last year I got the card plus a
6ft HDMI cable for $80 or $90.

There is a new RT version, and I don't have that, so I'm not sure if
the driver will work w/ the new rev of the card.  It does appear to
be the same chip and tuner, so it should.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579