pvrxxx, linux code and modules

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 14:45:17 UTC 2007

> On 4/16/07, Jim Stapleton <stapleton.41 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > First, I'd like to say this is an interesting topic, and I'd like it
> > to stay public if possible.
>
> fine!

Ok, since context doesn't pass well over text, I hope I didn't say
that one in an offensive manner (is the '!' an exasperation or a
enthusiasm?)

> > I'd like to be able to keep an eye on this, and see if there's any way
> > I can help or suggest if possible. (For example, I would like a
> > tuner/input selector device that I could cat/echo commands into).
>
> why?

It'd be nice to have a trivial form of control that doesn't need me to
run any unusual commands.

Right now, I user the pvr250[I hit tab here] command, but if I could
simply do an echo/redirection, it would feel a lot more natural to me
I guess (more UNIXy), and since it would be interfacing the device
directly, I wouldn't get the obnoxious bktr warnings.

Thanks,

-Jim