HEADS UP: Last call for snd_hda(4) testers - High Definition Audio driver

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 29 12:43:38 PDT 2006

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:19:49 -0700
C Caldwell <cvcaldwell at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Success
> -------
> Hardware/chipset: Intel D945GNT Media Series motherboard
>                   Intel 945G Express Chipset
>                   http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d945gnt
>
>         Playback: works

Glad to hear that, since if I remember correctly, yours doesn't work
during the early phase of this driver.

> > ... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
> >     and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........
>
>        Recording: Untested. Recording in any way is advanced of my
>                   current knowledge. I am now trying to learn how to
>                   do it and will post any problems once I am
>                   confident I am doing it properly.

I wish Hans Nieser wakeup from his lazy weekend and tell the story
about why "recording in stereo is obviously too advanced" for him :)

Have fun.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD