New USB MIDI driver for FreeBSD

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Mon Sep 18 10:57:18 PDT 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 21:45:10 +0200
Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:

> I bought a "MIDImate" from "www.ibsenstudio.no". They also sell
> MIDI-keyboards that "does not require any driver installation", which
> are supported by my driver. But I don't know how good they are.

I didn't find a combined solution (MID controller + synth) that was
cheap. So I ended up with two new toys:
1) a MIDI controller (keyboard): Evolution (now M-Audio) eKeys 37
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/eKeys37-main.html
>From /var/log/messages:
Sep 18 19:20:30 kg-work kernel: ugen1: Evolution Electronics Ltd. USB
MIDI keyboard, rev 1.00/2.52, addr 3

2) a "synth" module: Studio Canvas SD-20 from Roland:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=426
>From /var/log/messages:
Sep 18 19:49:50 kg-work kernel: ugen2: Roland EDIROL SD-20, rev
1.10/1.00, addr 2

Now I only have to test the toys with the new MIDI driver. :-)
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,