[UPDATE] RFC: snd_hda(4) -- Intel High Definition Audio driver

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 17 01:39:32 PDT 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:20:40 +0200
Matthias Apitz <m.apitz at oclcpica.org> wrote:
> El día Sunday, September 17, 2006 a las 08:10:59PM +1200, Al Muckart
> escribió:
>
> > On Sunday 17 September 2006 20:02, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've just fetch the latest sources from
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/HDA/ but they don't compile on
> > > 6.0-REL:
> >
> > They compile on RELENG_6 fine if you're in a position to csup and
> > rebuild  world. RELENG_6 has been stable as on my box.
>
> No, I can't do that with my laptop, I need it to do real work with
> it :-)
> No other option?
>
> The code in hdac.c reads:
>
> #ifndef SD_F_SOFTPCMVOL
> #define SD_F_SOFTPCMVOL SD_F_SOFTVOL
> #endif
>
> What should be the value of SD_F_SOFTPCMVOL?
>
> 	matthias

Don't touch it. Use binary kmods from
http://tomoyo.mybsd.org.my/HDA/kmod/ . Get _BOTH_ sound.ko and
snd_hda.ko . Unload whatever sound modules being loaded first.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........