DVB-S under FreeBSD

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 12 00:45:50 PDT 2006

Konstantin Dimitrov wrote this message on Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 10:26 +0300:
> >be too long before I release a driver.  Currently with the docs that
> >> I have been provided I can upload the firmware, turn on and off the
> >> device, and read the remote control buttons.
> >> If someone would like to document the lgdt3302 / lgdt3303 ATSC VSB/QAM
> >> demodulator and the lg-h06xf tuner from the Linux source that would
> >> help since I don't know when I'm going to get that information from
> >> DViCO.  And currently I don't have the time to try to understand the
> >> Linux sources, though that's probably what I'm going to end up doing.
> >
> >Just look at the bktrau stuff I have in perforce.. I've posted to this
> >list before.. It programs the lgdt3303 and a TUA6034 for tuning...
>

> TUA6034 has public datasheet, here:
> http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheets_pdf/T/U/A/6/TUA6034.shtml

Yeh, I have that, but that's only the tuner part of the card, and the
easier part, the hard part is the demodulator, which isn't publicly
available...

> On 9/12/06, John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu> wrote:Konstantin
> Dimitrov >wrote this message on Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:59 +0300:
> >>1) based on Conexant chip like cards from Twinhan and DViCO, because of
> the
> >>bktr driver, maybe it will be most likely to be supported
>
> >There are two Conexant chips, the old Bt878 based chips, and the newer
> >CX2388x based cards...  The ones based on Bt878 are already supported by
> >the bktrau driver and capture program that are in perforce...  The CX2388x
> >is a different beast, and will require a different driver...  I choose
> >not to try to use this as the boards based upon it are more expensive...
>
> >The DViCO HDTVFusion5 Lite cards can be had for <$100...
>
> great work!
> sad, in my country there is no DVB-T broadcasts, so i can't use DViCO
> HDTVFusion5 Lite card.

The HDTVFusion5 Lite cards are ATSC...  Or at least that's what I
receive using them here in the states...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579