cdcontrol gives I/O errors while trying to play audio CD's

Sun Sep 10 01:05:55 PDT 2006

Quoting Jos Backus <jos at catnook.com> (Sat, 9 Sep 2006 13:23:23 -0700):

Note, your mail was marked as SPAM by SA:
autolearn=disabled version=3.1.4

> On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 04:37:51PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Jos Backus <jos at catnook.com> (Sat, 9 Sep 2006 00:34:32 -0700):
> >
> > > lizzy:~% uname -a
> > > FreeBSD lizzy.catnook.local 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #35: Mon Aug 28 04:08:30 PDT 2006     root at lizzy.catnook.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIZZY  i386
> > > lizzy:~% sudo atacontrol list
> > > ATA channel 0:
> > >     Master:  ad0 <ST3200822A/3.01> ATA/ATAPI revision 6
> > >     Slave:   ad1 <IC35L040AVER07-0/ER4OA44A> ATA/ATAPI revision 5
> > > ATA channel 1:
> > >     Master: acd0 <YAMAHA CRW3200E/1.0d> ATA/ATAPI revision 0
> > >     Slave:       no device present
> > > # Put audio CD in drive
> > > lizzy:~% cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0 info
> > > cdcontrol: getting toc header: Input/output error

> cdcontrol: getting toc header: Device not configured

This is a different message...

I suggest to look our for messages at the console, check if it's really
an audio CD, check the cabling and so on.

I just checked it -current, and acd0 and cd0 work fine with cdcontrol
and an audio CD.

Bye,
Alexander.

--