Status of VIA Envy24 audio controller

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 08:20:31 UTC 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 02:43:53AM -0500, Nikolas Britton wrote:
 > Hey Konstantin, I think I found a bug in the code. If I boot FreeBSD
 > with verbose logging the envy24 driver will panic the system during
 > the boot process. fatal trap 12, page fault, and something about
 > "envy24(play): setmap; xxxxx", I'd have to build a debug kernel etc.
 > if you want the full message and backtrace but this should be easy to
 > reproduce. I'm using envy24 sources from -CURRENT that I manually
 > MFC'd to FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE. Oh... I'm using an M Audio Audiophile
 > 2496.

I saw the panic on envy24ht(4) too and sent a mail to Konstantin but
got no reply yet. With WITNESS enabled kernel it shows several LORs
and panicked due to use of recursed mutex(channel lock can't be
acquired recursively). I guess correct fix could be done by moving
buffer resizing code to channel_setblocksize method instead of
channel_setformat method. Unfortunately I haven't have free time
to investiage further due to msk(4) work and still have little time. :-(

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon