Skype mucking with igain on Audigy 2 value

Al Muckart silver at where.else.net.nz
Mon Oct 23 20:49:03 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 07:45, Karl-Petter Åkesson wrote:

Hi there,

> do not know if this will help you or not but its worth a try. I have not
> used Skype on any *nix machine but I have struggled a bit with it on
> windows. The default windows installation comes with some settings which
> is set so Skype acts "smart". One of these is the adaptive mic gain.
> Skype will adjust your mic level dynamically to a level what Skype
> believes is good. To minimize feedback from speakers and record your
> voice at a good level. Your description of the problem sounds like this
> is happening to you, though Skype fails to be smart due to some reason.
> Have you tried to uncheck "Let skype adjust my sound device settings"?
> Its under Sound Devices. Do not know if this exists in the *nix version
> or not but it could be worth looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's the standard fix for these symptoms offered
on all the sykpe forums, but those settings don't appear on the *nix version
at all, neither the "current" 1.2 version or the beta 1.3 version, which is
why I resorted to posting here to see if anyone who knew stuff about the
sound system had any ideas.

Thanks.
--
Al.