FreeBSD DV howto?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Oct 17 02:51:48 UTC 2006

Greetings,

I'm wondering if anybody has a FreeBSD DV how-to.  I have a DV
camera and a AMD64 FreeBSD laptop.  I'd like to harvest the pictures
from it to (a) archive it in DV25 mode and (b) process it to create a
DVD.  My son's hockey team needs a videographer for the year and I was
hoping to use a DV camera for all of this...

It would also be nice 'play' the video on my HDTV that supports
1080p.  I know that DV is 640x480, but that's better than normal NTS,
right?

So I was wondering if there's a good FreeBSD DV how-to somewhere.

I've found dvrecv, which works well.  And kino, which gives me a bus
error.  Anything else?

Warner