New port: pvrxxx for Hauppauge PVR150/500

Rick C. Petty rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com
Sun Oct 15 18:51:02 PDT 2006

On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 03:13:54AM -0500, B Briggs wrote:
> B Briggs wrote:
>
> I guess I should have tried it first. If I add
>
> 		case 0x63:
>                 case 0x55: /* TCL 2002N-6A */
>
> in cxm_eeprom.c
> (/usr/ports/multimedia/pvrxxx/work/dev/cxm/cxm_eeprom.c)
> then the tuner works!
>
> I do get this error message, however:
> bbriggs# pvr250-setchannel -a on -t -g 720x480 -m 2 28
> ioctl( tfd, BT848_GAUDIO ) failed.: Device not configured

Yup, that's expected.  I'm not sure if usleep was planning to "fix" this
(remove the message) or if it's not possible.  I don't know what the
interaction with i2c is.

> So I figure I've got some kind of hack, but I feel that not everything
> is right. Anything else I might need to do here? (especially to get rid
> of a 20 second delay).

The delay is because the firmware needs to be downloaded onto the card over
the I2C bus.  If you have two tuners (like the pvr500) it's twice as long
:-P  There's no way to avoid this, at least with the current I2C
implementation.  The kernel has to block interrupts so the I2C timing is
perfect, AFAIK.

-- Rick C. Petty