Any chance to add microphone support on Dell Inspirion 1300 (snd_hda)?

Dennis Melentyev dennis.melentyev at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 17:42:25 UTC 2006

Ariff,

Is there any chance to steal some piece your time to make microphone
work on Dell I1300?
You should have at least 3 my verbose dmesgs. If not, I can send you
one more copy.

I've just loaded the most recent binary modules (dated October, 12th):
pcm0: <Intel 82801F High Definition Audio Controller> mem
0xdfebc000-0xdfebffff irq 16 at device 27.0 on pci0
pcm0: <HDA Codec: Sigmatel STAC9220>
pcm0: <HDA Driver Revision: 20061013_0032>

Still no traces of device "mic" in mixer.

Are you in the mood to track this down?
--
Dennis Melentyev