Help with snd_hda

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 15 15:13:28 UTC 2006

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:43:24 +0800
"Chung-liang Wei" <idreamer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/15/06, Ariff Abdullah <ariff at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:44:10 +0800
> > Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> > http://people.freebsd.org/%7Eariff/test/hda_releng6.diff>)
> > >
> > > kenv hint.pcm.0.config="eapdinv" ; reload snd_hda module .
> > >

> > I still need your confirmation whether the above trick works or
> > not.
>

> Hi, Ariff:
>
> Thanks for your trick, it really works!!
> Can you tell me why it works? I'm so curious about the function of
> setting hint.pcm.0.config="eapdinv" in the kernel environment. =p

For the sake of simplicity, just assume that instead of "power up",
yours need "power down" (inverted). Details can be found from your
driver INF, though a bit cryptic.

Have fun :)

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........