New port: pvrxxx for Hauppauge PVR150/500

B Briggs rcbdyndns at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 13 07:30:39 PDT 2006

usleepless at gmail.com wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> i just want to make people aware that now there is a driver for the
> Hauppauge PVR150 and PVR500 cards ( multimedia/pvrxxx ).
>
> it is based on the pvr250 port and some linuxtv.org code.

Thanks, this is great. I appreciate all of the work done here.

However, I'm having a slight problem. Steps I took to build, maybe I
forgot something:

1. Had to edit the distinfo file.
2. make (fails because of patch)
3. make patch-iicbb
4. make install (works)
5. rebuilt and installed new kernel, rebooted
6. Here's my error messages:

bbriggs# kldload cxm_iic
bbriggs# kldload cxm
cxm0: <Conexant iTVC16 MPEG Coder> mem 0xdc000000-0xdfffffff irq 10 at
device 3.
0 on pci0
cxm_iic0: <Conexant iTVC15 / iTVC16 I2C controller> on cxm0
iicbb0: <I2C bit-banging driver> on cxm_iic0
iicbus0: <Philips I2C bus> on iicbb0 master-only
tuner code 99
cxm0: unknown tuner code 0x63
tuner_type = -1
cxm0: could not initialize tuner
iicbus0: detached
iicbb0: detached
cxm_iic0: detached
device_attach: cxm0 attach returned 6

I used the files straight off the Hauppauge installation CD, which shows
version 2.3 on the front. Did I miss anything?

~$ uname -a
FreeBSD bbriggs.lotmgr.com 6.1-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p7 #0: Fri
Oct 13 08:40:00 CDT 2006
bobriggs at bbriggs.lotmgr.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/K61b  i386

Any ideas?

--