PVR-350 and the pvr250 port - report

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Thu Oct 12 20:16:58 UTC 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:43:27 -0500
"Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd at kiwi-computer.com> wrote:

> Try typing two commands:
> 	$  cat /dev/cxm0 > test.mpg &
> 	$  mplayer test.mpg

Yeah, it works better. :)

> Ah, I'll have to try the cache option.  Do you really need 8 MB of
> cache for it to work correctly?  What's the minimum cache amount
> before mplayer starts having the seek failure?

Nope, I just started testing with that as suggested by mplayer. On my
system, I need '-cache 4096'. If I try '-cache 3072', I don't get seek
failures, but a few seconds after starting play, mplayer reports that
my system is too slow, and drops the sound.

I haven't tried the values between 3072 and 4096.
YMMV.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,