Support for High Definition Audio (Controller) is in the tree.

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 2 13:35:13 PDT 2006

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:06:00 -0700
"Kevin Oberman" <oberman at es.net> wrote:

> Jackpot!
>
> This time I did a rebuild at /sys/modules/sound (instead of at
> sound/driver) using the ac97.c referenced above. I now have sound.
>
> FWIW, OGAIN and PHOUT mixer knobs don't seem to have any effect.
> Only Vol and PCM seem to do anything when playing MP3s and videos.
>
> Thanks, Ariff, for your help on this.
>
> Let me know it there is anything else you would like me to try out.

Grr.. I guess I had to find another way to make crippled AD1981B
users happy :)

Thanks, I'll fix it shortly.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........