Support for High Definition Audio (Controller) is in the tree.

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 2 01:04:42 PDT 2006

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 18:35:48 -0300
Rainer Alves <rainer.alves at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rainer Alves wrote:
> > Ariff Abdullah wrote:
> >punch. >> ...

> >have >> any  sound output after your HDA commit.
> >>>

> >> How about setting your "ogain" and "phout" to 100
> >
> > Even after setting ogain/phout to 100, I still have no sound.
> > Tested  with xmms and mplayer.
> > I've tried booting with my old kernel (from yesterday's CURRENT),
> > and  sound works fine.
> > Both kernels were build with the exact same options.
> >
> > --
> > Rainer Alves
> >

> Small correction: my previous kernel is from 09/24, not 09/30 as
> I've  said before.
> I've noticed there were some other sound related commits during the
> week.

Replace sys/dev/sound/pcm/ac97_patch.c with:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/ac97_patch.c

.. if the above works..

Part of the commit was to implement master volume "vol" for few
codecs, particularly yours. How is the behaviour of "vol" mixer
_before_ and _after_ the commit?

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........