PVR250 hanging

Randy Pratt bsd-unix at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 29 10:36:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:04:46 +1030
Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the slow response; I wanted to check with our machine, and
> it was needed for other things.
>
> On Wednesday, 22 November 2006 at 17:30:35 -0500, Randy Pratt wrote:

> >> This seems more than just cxm, then.
> >>
> >> In general, if you're seeing this kind of behaviour, the output of
> >> 'ps l' is of interest.  The WMCHAN field gives information about where
> >> (and maybe how) the process is waiting.
> >
> > # ps -auxwwl | grep cxm
> > root    1156  0.7  0.1  1280   664  p1  S+    5:24PM   0:00.30 cat /dev/cxm0        0   821   0   0  0 cmxrd
> > root     826  0.0  0.0     0     8  ??  WL    4:33PM   0:00.03 [irq19: cxm0]        0     0   0 -60  0 -
>
> OK, this looks pretty much like lack of input.  cat is waiting for the
> completion of a read operation.

It probably relates to this from /var/log/messages:

	kernel: cxm0: missing encoder EOS

> >> When I get access to our PVR 250 later today, I'll compare some of
> >> your other data.
> >
> > Great!  I'd appreciate anything you can look at.  I'm also willing to
> > do any sort of patching/testing if needed.  The box isn't anything
> > critical.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't see anything like this in our application.
> There are plenty of other bugs, but I suspect that they're mainly of
> our own making.

I am beginning to suspect the hardware combinations/settings on
that particular box since moving the card to another box works
as expected.

Thank you for taking the time to look at your setup.  It may be
that what I'm seeing is due to some hardware/bios/settings that
would be difficult for someone else to reproduce.  I'll look at
those again during the next hardware shuffle.

Thanks again!

Randy