Fwd: Re: PVR250 hanging

R. B. Riddick arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 28 17:34:28 UTC 2006

--- Randy Pratt <bsd-unix at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:26:15 -0800 (PST) "R. B. Riddick"
> <arne_woerner at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Try
> >   dd if=/dev/cxm0 of=/tmp/bla ibs=1m
> > Or
> >   dd if=/dev/cxm0 of=/tmp/bla bs=1m
> > ???
> >
> > I wrote a little C program, that does this quite nicely even over a
> > network without crashes... If u want, I can send it to the list...
> > It is quite short...
> >
> Yes, I would like to see the program you wrote since I have made some
> progress in getting the pvr250 working in another box on my local
> network. I was thinking of just doing scripts but it seems you have
> taken it a bit further.

And the "dd bs=1m"-trick did not help on ur 800-box?

The program is in the attachment (hopefully).
A little help is included...
Just unpack it _INSIDE_ a fresh directory with "tar xjf dd2.tbz".
Then type "make install" (nothing will be installed, just compiling and
install-info shows up...).

Have fun!

-Arne

Want to start your own business?