new HDA driver and 6.2?

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 8 00:02:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:26:01 +0000
"Alexandre Vieira" <nullpt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Julian Elischer <julian at elischer.org> wrote:
> >
> > Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > > Quoting Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> (from Tue, 7 Nov 2006
> > > 17:18:09 +0800):

> > > Is it ready already? I thought there's a lot missing
> > > (recording?). I would expect a lot of support mails appearing
> > > for the not working parts (more than we get for "no HDA support,
> > > please help").
> >
> > I guess that's the big question..
>
> Just for the record.
>
> I have the HDA driver working great in my acer laptop. The
> integrated mic works, I use TeamSpeak all the time :)
>
> vchans aparently work and I had no problems, except for artsd, which
> will panic if I use it.

.. and I'm afraid this issue has nothing to do with the driver at all.

I'm still willing to debug it. Please try the latest big
"lowlatency" patch.

People are always welcome to join #freebsd-azalia at irc.freenode.net
for a live debugging session. 99% of reported problems was solved
there.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........